Flax seeds & Almonds are known for their benefits since ages. Making Al-Flax a part of our regular diet may benefit us in so many ways.
- Flax seeds contain a group of nutrients called lignans, which has powerful antioxidants and estragon properties.
- With so much fiber packed in each tiny seed, adding flax seeds to your diet promotes regular bowel movements and can improve your digestive health.
- The high fiber content of flax seeds can help lower cholesterol and thereby play an important role in improving heart health. Flax seed bind to bile salts and is then excreted by the body. To replenish these bile salts, cholesterol is pulled from your blood into your liver. This process lowers your blood level of cholesterol.
- Flax seeds keep you full for longer and may help you manage your weight by controlling your appetite. Thereby aiding in weight management.
- Flax seeds may lower blood sugar due to their insoluble fiber content. They can be beneficial addition to the diet of people with diabetes.
- The omega-3s in flax seeds can also help treat inflammatory arthritis.
- Flax seeds work as a great replacement for all those gluten – containing grains in your diet. Therefore, it is a good choice for anyone with celiac disease or gluten sensitivity.
- The omega – 3 fatty acids in flax seeds greatly contribute to skin health and appearance. They keep your skin hydrated and make it smooth.
- Flax seed may be regarded as a useful therapeutic food for reducing hyperlipidaemia.
- Flax seed help the body to absorb calcium. Flax seeds are useful for joints and joints – related diseases. Flax seeds contain Alpha Linolenic Acid, which promotes bone health.
- Almonds are high in antioxidants that can protect your cells from oxidative damage, a major contributor to aging and disease.
- Almonds are extremely high in magnesium, a mineral that that many people don’t get enough of. High magnesium intake may offer major improvements for metabolic syndrome and type 2 diabetes.
- Eating few handful of almonds per day can lead to reductions in “bad” LDL cholesterol, potentially reducing the risk of heart disease.
- As the brain is the CPU of the body, it requires high quality nourishment to function at its best. Almond nourishes the brain and nervous system.
- Almonds with its high nutritional content, helps to improve bone health and joint strength.
- Almonds are great moisturizer. Its moisturizing qualities prevent the skin from drying, therefore boasting of anti-aging benefits. Also, Almonds are the key to a soft, supple, young and wrinkle-free skin.
Therefore, this combination of Almond and Flaxseeds, which are rich in ALA, lignans, fiber, protein, micronutrients – support overall health and have a huge role in prevention in other chronic diseases. Al-Flax is pure and natural forms of these nuts which contains natural fats are low on carbs which are harmful for health.
So include this flour in your daily diet and attain the numerous benefits of these nuts.
How to make Almond-Flaxseed Roti:
- 2 cups Flax Almond flour
- ½ tbsp. Ghee
- Salt as needed
- Water as required (approx. 1 cup)+
How to make Almond-Flaxseed Roti:
- Take Flax Almond Flour in a mixing bowl. Mix the flour along with salt and ghee.
- Add the water, a little bit at a time and start kneading. Making a fist with your hand and press the dough with your knuckles.
- Keep adding the water and keep kneading. I would strongly advise taking the time to do this and not throwing all the water in at once. This step can make all the difference. Slow and steady.
- Take your time to keep kneading and adding the water until all the dough comes together. This should take about 1 cup of water.
- Knead it all out till the dough is not sticky. Repeat these steps until the dough becomes sift and smooth.
- Now make small round balls out of the kneaded flour and put it on a rolling surface and roll it out into the shapes of round Rotis.
- Take a Hot flat pan place these roti on it and cook it in the usual manner.
So, there goes your healthy, tasty and fresh does of rotis to go with your favorite curries!