Ayurveda was an extremely significant part of ancient India, and very recently the new-age people are also grasping to the numerous health benefits Ayurveda brings. Whether to soothe Anxiety and Depression, treat digestive problems and skin problems, or to reduce cholesterol; Ayurveda is a friend who is always there.
Ayurveda is an integrated approach, partially involving application/consumption of various plants’ and trees’ extract. One of them is an abundantly lucrative tree called Arjuna, Botanically known as, Terminalia Arjuna.
Arjuna is found mainly in West Bengal, South, and Central India. Many pharmaceuticals are leveraging this prosperous tree to treat numerous diseases.
Here are the top 5 benefits of Arjuna you cannot miss:
- HEART HERO: Arjuna is a panacea for the heart. People use it for disorders of the heart and blood vessels (cardiovascular disease), including heart disease and related chest pain, heart failure, high blood pressure, and high cholesterol. It drains the lymphatic system and clears out the blocked arteries for better blood circulation. Arjuna helps maintain smooth functions of the heart without any toxicity and helps you lead a better life.
- PREVENT BREAST CANCER: Another epidemic, and the most common cause of death in Women. Arjuna helps prevent breast cancer because of the presence of a property called Casuarinin in it. Although, there is no confirmation on its ability to cure breast cancer due to the lack of human intervention. But fingers are crossed!
- CURE PILES: Hemorrhoids, popularly known as Piles, is a very common bowel issue with over 10 million cases per year (India). Arjuna’s bark can be used treating bleeding piles or leucorrhoea.
- LIVER AND KIDNEY TONIC: Exposure to toxic chemicals can damage the liver and the kidney, however, Arjuna can mitigate the damage. In one study, Arjuna’s protective abilities for liver and kidney against harmful chemicals and oxidative stress is well demonstrated.
- BETTER EXERCISE PERFORMANCE: Boon for the health fanatics! Arjuna increases the stamina and endurance when you exercise by increasing the maximum oxygen you can use. In short, the more oxygen you take, the more energy you will produce.
Dosage may vary depending on the purpose of using it. Although the documented side effects of Arjuna are rare, please make sure to follow the recommended intake and not overdose on it.
Embrace this beautiful tree of life and enjoy the benefits!